View Single Post
      10-07-2019, 10:58 AM   #11
MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
For reference, in 2018 I got a 2018 M240i with a MSRP of $55,424 for $45,425. The incentive at that time was $3,500 and I also got a $750 loyalty credit for owning a BMW at the time and a $500 corporate credit because my company was signed up for that. Which means that the dealer discount was $5249.

Looks like for this month the finance credit is just $2000, so they would have to offer more of a a dealer discount, which considering the 2 has been through a refresh since then (albeit a slight one) they should be motivated to knock off more to get it off the lot.

When negotiating with a dealer, you want to start from THEIR price, not the MSRP. There are plenty of places that you can go and find out the dealer costs. Knock off the finance, loyalty and any other incentive they don't pay for and that's the price to start from. Be careful, because if you get them to let it go for close to their cost, they will try to sneak in stuff at signing, like bump the interest rate up or sell you an extended warranty at a bloated price.
Appreciate 0