View Single Post
      03-13-2023, 06:20 PM   #13
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
As for "UV protection", yeah so your car came with it everywhere so that's also kinda useless but sure, why not? spend $10k on it!

In case it's not obvious, the detailing industry's marketing lies irritate me.
Just about all materials in car come with anti oxidants baked in to them, but it is necessary to understand the limitations of it. There is a physical limitations in materials engineering of how much anti oxidation agents you can cram into something and usually it is a balance of cost and reasonable durability.

You can get a lot of things looking clean with filtered water, but another question is do you want to make things last longer in fine state by adding a bit of extra protection from environmental impact. There is no one solution fits all here and it all depends how the car is used and how much environmental impact it receives. Subscribing to an idea that there is no added benefit from using a proper coating on proper surface is just not true. Even more so when using a product that gives you quick, pleasant and effective experience.

I understand that there is a lot of useless crap and straight out lying in detailing business, but show me a for-profit sector where this is not the case? There is no need to destroy your nerves over something as trivial as that.
Appreciate 0