GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMK View Post
I wanted to know what parts specifically are plastic in the interior of a 2023 m340i. I'm looking into getting gyeon interior detailer and some people said it tends to leave a dry look on plastic and it can even give long-term effects, so I was looking into their vinyl cleaner specifically for that. Unless someone can recommend me an interior cleaner/detailer, safe on everything including plastics, however I'm getting a dedicated leather cleaner
On a new car why would you use anything like that??

Just keep the interior dusted with a good microfiber (like the rag co's creature) and, only when necessary, use warm de-ionized water. You'll never need more than this unless you're doing some really stupid shit inside of your car.

As for the leather, you can do that same thing. Modern auto leather doesn't need "conditioning" or "nourishing" or massaging or nuzzling. That was the 70s. *ALL* auto leather is coated. Yes, ALL of it. yes EVEN MERINO LEATHER Uncoated leather wouldn't last 2 months.

With that, if you have white leather (and/or if you sweat a lot on it), it's a good idea to use a leather shield to prevent dye transfer & abrasion damage.

If you want to stay German, use Colourlock mild cleaner & then leather shield.
Appreciate 2
Llarry15789.00
M5Rick60013.50