View Single Post
      02-14-2023, 03:15 PM   #1
happyjack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT

Garage List
FS: Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust (in central MD)

selling car and reinstalled stock exhaust, so this active autowerke axleback is no available. LOCAL PICK-UP ONLY. SOLD!!.

i'll drive up to 50 miles meet you half-way.

fits F2X and F3X chassis

this is a really great sounding exhaust for only having to swap your muffler/axleback. you'll have no issues with error codes

i've provided a few reviews in various posts throughout this forum...here's the most extensive write-up i did:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
there is no constant drone. i was also very concerned about that potential issue, but after reading enough posts on here about the AA exhaust i pulled the trigger. it's the first aftermarket exhaust i've ever put on a car in nearly 35 years of car ownership.

now...to be clear...the exhaust is noticeable (but not obnoxious) on cold start-up, whenever you get on the throttle with some vigor, and when downshifting (even with the 8AT). if you're light on the throttle you can easily minimize the noise levels. it seems to be the perfect beginner exhaust mod for anyone who might feel a little self-conscious about projecting a racer-boi image...but wants to be reminded that they're driving a sports coupe.

edit/update: so i paid a little more attention on my morning commute to see how often i really noticed the sound. start-up and low RPMs when cold is noticeable but not obnoxious. on light accelerate from a stop there's a little growl until it mellows to barely audible. around every gear shift there's another low growl, but again, it's not obnoxious. cruising at highway speeds under steady ~2700 RPM, the sound is basically inaudible / below other road noise. i'm totally happy with this exhaust...no regrets at all.
Attached Images

my garage: '23 G05 xDrive40i m-sport; '21 F87 M2C, 6MT; '17 F25 x-drive28i SAV; '15 F55 mini hatch 5-door
retired: '87 E30 MT 'vert; '92 E36 sedan; '99 E36 MT 'vert; '06 E90 x-drive sedan; '07 E83 x-drive30 SAV; '09 E91 x-drive wagon; '12 E89 Z4 MT M-sport; '15 F22 sport line

Last edited by happyjack; 10-22-2023 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 0