08-28-2021, 10:36 AM   #13
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Indiana Jones View Post
Here's the problem: the stock paddles in the F22 are too short (designed for ladies with long finger nails). I agree, however, that the APP stick-on solution, though simple to install, doesn't look right, is too bulky, and may actually fail over time (since it relies on 2-sided 3M tape). As usual, BEM-S4 is my saviour and suggests the Autotecknic. Anyone have any feedback re Autotecknic: ease of install (require removal of airbag in steering wheel, cost, look, do they actually extend the paddle or merely widen it, etc.)? I've bought out the lease on my M240i and the stock paddles have got to go!
I have the AT paddles on all my cars, they are MUCH better. Install is a bit of a PITA because you need to pull the airbag, beyond that it's very easy. You reuse most of the stock paddle mechanism, the clicker part, and replace the paddle itself.

The paddles are bigger and the rear of them has a bit of a lip, they feel much better than the stock ones.

Airbag aside 2/10 install difficulty. While the airbag is out also a good time to have your wheel redone if it's a bit tired. Dallas Custom did mine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0