View Single Post
      12-30-2018, 10:54 AM   #9
goodNIGHT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertoerc View Post
Congrats and what a beautiful 235, do you have more pictures of it?
I’m considering trading my ecoboost mustang for a 2014 235 with 23k km as it’s a great spec and Manual. As I’ll be tracking my car as much as I can, any concerns on reliability/should I look for a newer model with factory warranty?
I have a lot of pics but those two might interest you more.

In terms of wondering if the 2er is a reliable track car... i would say there are no reliable road cars as track cars. Road cars are not meant to handle the extreme conditions of racing consistently and the m235i is no exception. The m235 is a fun, sporty car for sure but here is what it lacks: robust suspension parts, no oil cooler, limited wheel well space, no LSD, soft suspension, has a narrow track, and the chassis isn't not too stiff. that's why the M cars are better suited for tracking- but you pay a lot more. and still they are vulnerable to breaking down.

I've never tracked a Mustang so i don't know it's strengths and weaknesses, but they look like fun, reliable cars. Unless you're not having fun and it will not be a financial burden to trade cars, then I'd switch. otherwise save your money, enjoy your mustang, and learn how to drive. hope that helps
Attached Images

Appreciate 0