03-25-2020, 01:15 PM   #20
NOT2DAY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by makrop View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for this thread being the deciding factor on what wheels to go with for me ha. I have mineral gray, tint, coral red interior as well and was stuck on gunmetal vs silver. Silver for sure after seeing your pics with both! Gunmetal does make a lot of sense for winter though and I'd be going your same route if I had 2 sets.
Haha, it's actually a funny story.

This was taken when the silver EC-7s you see now were originally anthracite.

I originally had the 8.5 / 9.5 EC-7s in Anthracite with 225/255 RE71R's. This was honestly probably my favorite setup because the 225/255 were THICCC bois and looked great with dinan springs and stock camber. I let my dad drive the car after picking up pizza and since my apartment building garage is underground, there's a huge drain grate right before you enter. I told him to stay to the left and cut back in as I normally do to minimize scraping on the front lip, and let's just say he stayed a little too far left and curbed a large portion of the front drivers side rim. So, I had all 4 powder coated silver (pretty much indistinguishable from Apex's Race Silver - I did a side by side against another friend) and swapped to the 235/265 MPS4S at the same time.

I had a friend sell me his Anthracite EC-7s for a great price so I picked them up in a 8.5 square setup for winter wheels.

The future plan after Ohlins R&T is to mount 9.5 ET43's up front and play with the spacers to make them fit with 255/35 MPS4s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CE750Jockey View Post
I was just kidding you. C1X is the paint code for the best looking color in all of the BMW lineup, Sunset Orange Metallic. The color of my 2er!
Haha, while I agree Sunset Orange is a beautiful color, I'd have to disagree and say San Marino blue is BMW's best looking color of course with Mineral Grey being a close second

Last edited by NOT2DAY; 05-20-2020 at 08:38 PM..
Appreciate 1
makrop151.00