View Single Post
      11-04-2022, 08:59 AM   #6
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

I went through the Costco auto buying program. Entered my info and the local BMW dealer called me the next morning... at 7:30AM.(something that I always told my salespeople to NEVER do back when I ran the sales office for a small company.... made customers think that we were too eager and desperate )

Anyway, I had a chat with the "designated" Costco salesperson at the dealership. Since I'm really busy this and next week, I plan to visit the dealer after that. I haven't even seen the X1 in person yet. Anyway, he assured me that their "partnership" with Costco meant that I would get "way below MSRP" pricing, even on the new X1. When I asked what that meant, I was told that it would be at least $1000. He also said that they could see if something could be worked out to get me that recent college graduate discount on top of that.(my daughter just received her PhD degree less than a year ago) Not really sure why, be he made it seem like that the Costco auto program was some sort of "secret society" and told me to come in so he could show me the "exclusive" pricing on paper.(claiming that it could not be revealed over the phone) It was kind of surreal... because he even asked me to take a picture of my Costco card to verify my membership number, which he already had because Costco sent all of my info to him. Will see what happens when I actually get there.

I did tell him the exact options/packages and interior color that I wanted(non-negotiable, except for exterior color). Not sure if that was wise.
Appreciate 0