03-03-2015, 05:58 PM   #35
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtnel
Am I the only one who wishes leases were shorter? Good or bad - my generation doesn't see cars as long-term items. Cars are no different than iPhones. We should be able to trade them in after a year. I hope in the future shorter leases will be an option.
Because of depreciation AND your generation. BMW used to have awesome 24 and 36 months leases now things are getting to 39 month leases for better deals. That's because your generation wants newer things not older things so the depreciation rates are increasing because you don't want an iPhone 3G, thus the best deals are going to longer leases because they can recuperate some of that depreciation loss and try to resell it for a lower value than it would have been 30 years ago

I promise the above could make more sense if I had more time to write it out. But just know there is a reason new car sales keep rising despite the economy and that new car depreciation rates are getting worse and worse
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0