View Single Post
      04-22-2016, 06:38 PM   #44
selmeralto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanATL View Post
So far I've 1) disconnected the center channel, 2) installed active sound defeat harness, 3) installed about 15 sq feet of Dynamat Extreme in the trunk and 4) replaced the rear speakers with JL Audio C2.

The improvement so far is significant. Just cranked up a Tower of Power CD. Makes me want to search Craigslist for a '76 Trans Am.

I have the bass flat, treble 2 clicks up, balance centered, fader 3 clicks back.

I have the Eton door speakers in the garage waiting for me next.

It just occurred to me that years ago I disconnected the center dash speaker in my 2004 Saab 9-5 as well. Forgot all about that.

I had a 2013 Infiniti G37 with the Bose stereo option and that was no better than the HK in my F22. Should have pulled the center speaker in that one too!
I'm glad this is working out for you. The Etons aren't as treble crazy as the HKs with their steroid-tweeters but the JL Audio speakers have a strong upper end so my settings are very close to yours, putting some signal toward the rear speakers. I think you'll be happy when you're done and you play around with the Tone controls.
Appreciate 0