View Single Post
      04-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #24
kdog26372
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi BSM

Thanks to all on this thread with the help and suggestions. I feel there is a lot people that assume things, repeat what they read somewhere else, then chime in with misinformed information. I was told numerous times replacing the rears would be; a waste of time, make no difference, turn the active sound into a nightmare, etc.

All of this was hearsay as it is impactful and is such an easy/cheap change. After seeing how crappy the HK speakers are, I feel obligated to my ears and car to replace the fronts sooner than later, but right now I'm happy with this simple under 1/2 hour swap. I'd probably pay someone to do the doors as that looks a little more involved and my garage fits my car only, no room to work really.

I see no real reason to replace the stock HK amp as it appears to deliver plenty of power when matched with quality speakers in this small interior car. Probably not true for the audiophile crowd, but then I listen to Spotify streaming and they would thumb their nose at that too.