First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
I don't understand the hate towards this model.

You all sound like BMW will stop making all those great rwd and M cars from now on. This is just an extension of their portfolio.
BMW never offered a similar car so with this they have a real opportunity to snatch some customers who would normally buy a Mercedes B-Class or maybe a Golf Plus.

I also don't get why everyone compares it to a Golf. It is obviously much higher and therefore has to be compared with the Golf Plus (or Golf Sportsvan as it's now called)

I think everyone who thinks BMW lost their minds over this one should reconsider and maybe think a bit harder. This model will increase profit and bring new customers to the brand. It will ensure that in the future they still can build all those great sporty cars that they're know for.
Part of why this car had to come was probably because all automakers are being pushed to bring more economical and efficiant cars to the market.
And if you've got one more in your portfolio, then you don't have a problem building the next M3, M4 or whatever high performance car one'd like.

Seriously chill out people. I think everyone damning the brand over this one car is very narrow minded. Just look at Mercedes for example. With the B-Class and things like the GLK they build some of the most boring old person cars money can buy.
And you know what? They still build those lovely intoxicating AMG cars. It never hurt the brand.
The small models just help ensure that the small production volume cars can still be built and still be made as awesome and mental as we know.
You are 100% right sir.

And concerning the Alpina -nice one but this will not happen.
Appreciate 0