11-29-2017, 06:38 AM   #40
nikman011
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 STi - IAG Trojan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdputnam View Post
Yes, it is best to think of the suspension as a system, changing one thing affects the rest of the system. Dinan has done the work for you and put together a well though out system that works together to provide a significant improvement in handling for a car that is used on and off the track. In an interview with Steve Dinan, after the announcement of his leaving the company, Steve said he always considered his company a suspension tuning firm first, while allowing that as the company evolved the engine management side grew significantly beyond his early expectations.

Can you do better on your own using a hodge podge of parts from various vendors? Maybe, but, do you really have the time to spend every weekend at the track or autocross to install, test, adjust, and tweak your suspension?
Picked up my m240 after getting springs/bumps installed, and VERY NICE, not sure if I will add the roll bars, but definitely a NO on the camber plates as I do not track, and I highly doubt my driving is aggressive enough to need it on the road.

Just thought I would follow up with email from Dinan about how/what suspension for me to add:
-----
If you are not doing track days or are a VERY aggressive driver I would skip on the camber plates. If you aren’t a very aggressive driver all it will be doing for you is forcing you to replace tires quicker. =)

As for the sway bars--- it depends on how sensitive you are to suspension characteristics. My gut would be to do the springs/bumpstops first and try that first before doing the sways. If you feel you still need to be flatter in the corners then do the sway bars. They don’t share labor time so its not like you are saving a bunch of labor cost when doing them at the same time anyway. Best way to describe those 2 mods since they essentially address the same thing (although there focuses are slightly different) is that the springs/bumps are the sledgehammer tool that’s getting the bulk of the fixing out of the way and the sways are more like the precision instrument to dial it in to an exact formula you want.

Nathan Fette
-----

The only parts I will add to this vehicle are going to be from Dinan_Engineering , at least during the warranty phase, and I have to say that I will probably stick with that for the life of the car as every time I contact them and ask questions, they not only respond quickly, but also are never pushing ALL the products available to me.