Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlac View Post
Dinan_Engineering,

According to the installation instructions, this unit is shipped in Sport + mode. Once installed, are performance gains recognized in the other settings without using the app? i.e. - if I install it right out of the box, will I notice a different in ECO, Comfort/Normal, and Sport modes or do I need to switch to Sport + for this to work?

If I do not have an Android device, is it imperative to wait for the iOS app?

Can you provide any 0-60 or 1/4 mile example times for a stock 228i VS. a 228i with the Dinan Sport?

Thanks!

The driving modes still function normally. Simply with more power to each of them is all. Sport + as far as the unit is concerned is just the name of the power setting and does not correlate to those actual driving modes directly.

You do not have to wait for the iOS app. Without an android device you just won't be able to switch settings is all. Chances are you know a friend that has a Android device in the meantime if you get curious though.

We do not do any 0-60 or 1/4 mile testing. Too many variables at play that can greatly affect a measurement where 0.1 seconds is the difference between great and horrible (especially 0-60 with launch). We stick to dyno's that can be accurately repeated for performance metrics. That said in hypothetical land, given the performance gain you should be seeing reductions of ~0.2 seconds on 0-60 times given same before and after conditions.
Appreciate 0