View Single Post
      06-09-2019, 11:49 AM   #16
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
Don't forget, BMW intended to make this model compliant for all. It'll never be perfect for anyone except for the average "Joe". We as enthusiasts notice this right away, but nothing a few bushings, performance alignment and an LSD won't fix.

Took my buddy with an M3 CS for a ride the other day, he says my car is noticeably more "raw" and loved the way the car felt through the twisties.

Just a matter of perspective and willingness to venture further to obtain the "feel". All I know is there performance baked into this chassis is worth a fraction of what we paid, in relation to their age
Agreed on all accounts. It's an M lite car for a larger base that's not wanting a full on M car. I specifically ordered my M235 with a 6MT and no moonroof to reduce weight and make for great DD. I installed the LSD and my God the difference. My 245/35 square setup GREATLY improved front end grip. My catted downpipe greatly improved turbo response, SOUND, and power. The Dinan rear springs made a huge difference addressing the bouncy and somewhat disconnected rear axle behavior. At this point, my car performs and handles just as good as an N55 M2 (I've driven them). However, my car doesn't have quite that connected, buttoned down feeling of the M2 with the steering, ride, and overall dynamics. Numbers wise, my M235 is right there. Feel wise, 80-90% there. Prior to my mods, it was more like 60-70%. The primary reason I continue to lust over M2 are those fenders

I could get a used N55 M2, but I think I'm pretty damn happy with the sporty/luxury of my MW with red interior M235. I'm CONSTANTLY asked if it's an M2, probably because the my wheels look similar and MW makes the fenders look larger.

With all that said, I do enjoy driving a more raw car. Right now I'm trying to decide if I'll do a NB Miata and turbo it (like my buddies) or if I'll get a fewer Miata RF. Either one will have full suspension, tires, and alignment for track duty and tolerable for sub-200 miles trips.
Dylan861330.00