View Single Post
      06-06-2019, 03:30 AM   #10
Rockstar1487
Tarnished One
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Wow, that's extreme Was your M240 not on summer tires? I've had numerous good handling cars were stellar steering feel including a 90 CRX Si with a manual rack on proper tires and suspension. My M235's steering, while not as direct or full of feel, is entirely fine. I know exactly what the tires are doing and can feel plenty. I rent a ton of cars for work, all of which have electric assist steering and my M235's is by far the best electric assist I've experienced so far. I also don't know what this 1/2" of dead space is either. My car steers as expected per the inputs I give it. I feel no dead spots. My summer setup is a 245/35 MP4S square setup with Dinan springs in the rear. That's it. For street-based sports car, it handles and rides exceptionally well.

Lastly, there are no BMWs with drive-by wire steering. The M235/M240 have the same electric assist steering design as the M2/3/4. The difference with those cars are they have more performance oriented suspensions, alignments, more chassis supports, and wider tires. It all makes for a more lively feel.
I had 2 setups, winter and summer. Was lowered on ac Schnitzer, had m2 Control Arms, and monoball thrust arms. I did everything i could to get rid of it the dead zone and improve the feel. It did not matter which setup I was on, there is a dead zone in the steering on the 240. It’s clearly not just me that’s noticed it, if the guys above mentioned it and noticed it in their YouTube review, where anyone can watch it. I have asked a few of my friends that have the car near me, they notice it but it doesn’t bother them. The part numbers between the m2/3/4 electric power assist is different from the f22s. Its different, it definitely is. My reaction isn’t that extreme and comes after trying to make it work for me over 3 years, but it just drove me nuts. I have 0 complaints with my 135is or my m4. I had plenty of complaints that revolved around the m240i. So it’s just better that I’m away from the car than being pissed off when I’m in it. At the end of the day, it’s just not for me but I tried.
Appreciate 0