View Single Post
      06-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #16
anerbe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Red E90M 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgneub View Post
Says "abnormally" worn on the print out they gave me......recomendation new tires, tread 3mm (front 8mm). New June 2010

After the accident my rear had two "indentations" (missing rubber/smashed holes size of nickle in black, hard rubber bumper area) on the back from the hit and run's license plate screws (?). Needed to replace entire bumper. No other damages reported. I did go to "Urgent Care" that day as well as my primary Doc a week later (who wanted to give me pain meds but I was nursing). Have documentation - will bring next week to BMW when we discuss things.

So with this said (and reading the last two posts)--was BMW at fault for not checking my allignment at the time of the repair? My insurance co. offered me 0 deductable for taking it to "their shop" or I could pay $250 for "my shop" (BMW). Woman who it me (then ran) had no insurance. My state requires me to have "uninsured motor coverage" - which I did, and I paid my own deductable (Vs free so I could go to the BMW dealer for best service/quality care).

Print out also does NOT say allignment issue...anywhere on report (pretty detailed report)......but VERBALLY the service man said on the phone to me "slight allignment issue in rear" but added it would not "have caused that fast of wear".
Since all 4 tires are of the same spec, I would expect the fronts to also have premature wear it was just the tires. 8mm for the front sounds like it's wearing very well. Rotating every 5-6K would have helped.

You either accelerate and brake a lot or your alignment is out.
Appreciate 0