ducati955
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: lifted tacoma on 38's & ducati

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank772 View Post
Someone mentioned strength and how important it is in the military. Well, I have found there is a fine fine fine line there. Currently I am between 165 and 168 lbs and 5 foot 8. I have been as heavy as 189lbs of solid muscle..But guess what, I am stronger now then at 189. Sure I could bench a lot and curl a lot. But that does not translate into actual fitness and work being done. I had no stamina compared to what I have now, I couldnt do as many pushups, pullups, sit ups etc etc. While I was doing P90x I hadnt run in 2 months. One day I decided to run, 12 miles later I wasnt even close to winded. Just REALLY REALLY bored of running. At 189 I probably could only run 5 or 6 miles because I had to carry so much muscle. Its a big toll on your lunges to provide all that muscle with oxygen. Just my thoughts on the strength point.
i agree, but the bodybuilder look is a different goal.. fortunately i dont lose too much strength when i drop, but i always make sure pull ups and push ups are part of my training... @ 198 this yr i was still getting ten wide grip pull ups out (full range though, many people cheat on these) for 4 sets...

as long as we are working out and dont like like crap this is all

NEW RIDE white GTR!
Appreciate 0