View Single Post
      02-21-2024, 01:38 PM   #17
MoJen87
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Thanks a bunch George. Here's my update for where I stand currently.

I inspected everything when the valve cover was off. Everything looked straight and tight, no loose objects related to timing, valves or anything in the area. I confirmed the timing by turning the crankshaft a few turns then placing the timing equipment back on then put her back together.

Started her up and she worked...for a bit. Initially she did the normal smoking off spilled coolant/oil etc. She sounded like she had lifter tap going on, but it was VERY slight. So light that when I closed the hood I couldn't hear it at all.

I decided to turn her off after about 10-15 minutes of letting her idle. Which she did perfectly, aside from the tapping sound. She idled at 700 rpm and any time I hit the gas she was quick in her response and purring very well. Again, aside from the very slight tapping sound.

And then after I turned her off and tried to start her back up she refused to start. Cranks well, sounds good, but no start. I plugged in my phone, started up Protools and checked her for errors. She gave me more errors this time around than before.

I attached the screenshot of errors.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0