View Single Post
      10-27-2023, 05:14 PM   #3
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
Heck yeah! That looks like it was an amazing experience. If one of those events was closer to home I would definitely go.

Can you tell me more on how the new M2 drove? Hoping to test drive a used one if one comes available in my local market. I don't know if i want to buy one but would love to try one out.

It was amazing. Our grins are still at 100%.

We drove the M2 on the autocross track. So, there was no real chance to open it up the way we were able to do with the M3 Comp and the M3 Comp on the full road course. That said, the M2 was brilliant for the autocross. They set it up for us and told us not to touch the settings. We got plenty of wheel spin around the turns and we slid quite a bit too so they let us have some fun with it. Certainly, some nannies were in place or we would have most certainly taken out some cones. As it was set up, the M2 made us feel like better drivers than we really are! Amazing car really. My personal preference is the M3 just for size and 4 doors. The all wheel drive M3 Comp would be my choice if I was headed out to buy a performance car today. Lucky for me, I'm quite happy with my lowly 328i for the way I drive every day.

It's too bad BMW has nothing in your area. They do Milwaukee. Maybe you can go there next year.

Edit: Here's a pic of that M2.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0