05-19-2023, 10:12 AM   #5
Ajowhan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m240i 'vert

You should try contacting MHD. They should be able to help you better

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyl240i View Post
Hey everyone, long time lurker but finally made an account since i need some help.

I have a 17 m240i that i just got the DME back from being unlocked. I connected it, started the car and drove to the end of the block and back, everything seemed fine.

Got it prepped to flash MHD, connected battery charger, all that stuff. Went to flash Stage 1 and got a “success!” Message after only 5-6 mins and after section 3. Went to start the car and it will crank but not turn, and has the following codes:

DME active codes -
135808 - Valvetronic servomotor position sensors, signal: Short circuit or line disconnection (line disconnection).

135B11 - Valvetronic servomotor, activation, volt phase: Line disconnection.

I tried to flash stage 0, same issue. Where i believe i truly f’d myself was trying to flash back to stock. Also got a success message but not the car will not crank at all and is not recognized by the MHD app.

Let the battery charge overnight, reseated all the DME cables and checked for any sort of pin damage (didn’t see any), and still unrecognized by MHD and no crank.

Assuming everything is physically okay, would i need to flash the DME to stock using ISTA or something? To me it seems to be in a bad state with the attempted flash back to stock/getting relocked. I’m not very familiar with that, but i work in software/hardware for computers so i am inclined in that realm.

Some potential causes others have mentioned are a blown fuse, or an actual bad valvetronic. I don’t get the typical “ticking” noise from the pump that I’ve read is typical with those, so I’m hoping that’s not the case.

Thanks for any advice and if i left any important info out let me know and I’ll provide what I’m able to.
Appreciate 0