View Single Post
      03-05-2023, 09:57 AM   #1
boldorider4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i F22

Lightbulb Retrofitting NBT-Evo ID6 unit into a 2015 F22 stock equip. w/ ENTRYNAV+ConnectedDrive

Hi all,

Thanks a lot in advance for reading. I'd especially like to tap into shawnsheridan 's extensive knowledge of coding, if he was so kind to provide support.

Here's a very quarky project I'd like to embark on:
I have a 2015 F22 (pre-facelift, Typschluessel 1J11) equipped with an ENTRYNAV head unit w/ ConnectedDrive.

I'd like to retrofit an NBT Evo ID6 and flash/code all that needs to be flashed/coded. I'm not so concerned with feature unlocking through FSC codes at the moment, as I'd like to figure out the basic steps to get the HU to work at all first.

I will get a used NBT Evo ID6 unit, so VIN will not match my car at first. Display and iDrive controller will also be changed to match donor HU.

Please note that I have the Connected Drive option on my original ENTRYNAV. I'm not sure if this means that my car is equipped with an ATM module or equivalent. Not sure if this complicates the coding further if I want to retain the Connected Drive functionality.

Here's the steps I've figured out so far:

1. *** First and foremost ***

1.a Install E-Sys with compatible PSdzData

2. *** Now onto the new HU_NBTEvo, after its successful retrofit installation ***

2.a Connect to target via *donor* VIN
2.b Go to Expert mode --> Coding
2.c In the Vehicle Order section (top-left) click on Read
2.d Right click on FA --> Activate FA
2.e In the SVT-Actual (SVT-Ist, mid-right) section click on Read ECU
**** non-mandatory steps ****
2.f Save FA from 2.c (just in case something goes wrong later)
2.g Save SVT-Actual from 2.e (just in case something goes wrong later)
**** end of non-mandatory steps ****

Here the part I'm not so sure about:

3. *** Writing current VIN to donor HU ***

3.a Go to Expert mode --> FSC Extended
3.b Click on Identify
3.c Add WriteDataByIdentifierVIN to job list and write *current* VIN (the original one the car came with, not the donor one)
3.d Click on Start
3.e Go to Expert mode --> Coding
3.f FA should already be activated from 2.d
3.g SVT should already have been read in 2.e

4. *** existential questions ***

4.a from the KIS/SVT Target section (middle-right) should I click on "Detect CAF for SWE", select a CAFD file from the list and then click on "Code" to code it to the NBT_HU?
4.b Should I "calculate" the CAFD in the SVT-Target section instead?

5. *** FSC code installation ***

But to my best understanding I may have to worry about this at the in order to get the features I want (Maps, Fullscreen Carplay, ConnectedDrive, etc.).
But I'm trying to get the donor HU to work first even without such features. One step at a time.

These are many questions, I know, but it's so difficult to get this information as a newbie by scouting the web.
Any help is soooo appreciated!!!
Appreciate 0