View Single Post
      12-02-2022, 02:10 PM   #131
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Like I said, my personal experience would say: yes.

You said “faster”, so I played along.

As I expected, you were referring to straight lines, where most people get their kicks and a factor in the decline of sports cars, sedans, hatches and wagons. You know you will ultimately lose this battle, EV is simply a much better platform for what you enjoy: straight line acceleration.
As you expected? We never mentioned the track so yes of course it was about straight line captain obvious.

Sir please do take the time and show me where EV dominates in any unlimited drag race vs ICE? From top fuel drag racing to the draggy boards, ALL of the top spots are dominated by ICE with no EV's to be found.

Sure you can cherry pick the 8-9 second range but where are the 4, 5 & 6 second 1/4 mile EV's? Home built 6 & 7second ICE cars are common in drag racing now that will destroy the Rimac at a fraction of the price.

Will 6 second EV'seventually happen? Absolutely, just a matter of time. Just as adding an electric motor to the drive shaft and a mini battery pack to the 6 second ICE now takes it to 5 or lower.

Hybrid is the future for drag racing my friend, EV only will never dominate that is the fact.

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 12-02-2022 at 02:16 PM..
Appreciate 0