View Single Post
      08-17-2022, 09:12 PM   #10
dirtbikedude
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atek View Post
So knowing that you are at 56k miles, and this is probably the first time the plugs have been changed. You absolutely need to change all 6 at one time. Not doing so will only hurt your engine over time.

Yes, if it is occasionally misfiring it will take the engine running for a few minutes to set the CEL; unless it happens on start-up..

Give it a little gas while (maybe take it up to 2K - 3k rpms) and see how the revs climb, do you notice any hesitation? If so, at what point? How is the throttle response?
Thanks bro, appreciate you helping troubleshoot. Ok so I got a scanner and I was getting misfire on cylinder 2 and 3. I replaced the spark plugs on 2 & 3 and re-torqued to 23nm and reseated coil packs. Cleared the codes and then fired it up. Idle was MUCH smoother and felt normal. Let it idle run for a couple minutes, ran perfect it seemed, still no error codes or anything. I then drove it and around fairly low speed, still no hesitation. Then pushed it 2-3k RPM and then right at about that range it started to hesitate and went into limp mode. I ran the code and still saying cylinder 2 and 3 misfire. I'm not exactly sure wtf to do at this point. Maybe switch coil packs?
Appreciate 0