View Single Post
      07-19-2022, 08:32 PM   #43
Fiesta ST to M240i
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i / '15 Fiesta ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHP to B58 View Post
When I say misfire, I mean the car stutters and slows down, followed by loud gunshots from around the midsection and not the exhaust (it's stock), even with burbles/cold start/overrun brap completely off. It's very prominent.

The codes would also show that fuel pressure is outside normal parameters.

Post-TU HPFP, never misfired again, nor did any codes reappear.

I don't typically follow BMW's (or anyone's) service intervals nor am I aware of them. I bought the car as a CPO at 35k miles but did the plugs and coils at 60k since the misfiring became more frequent at the time. Will probably keep the same spark plug change interval, but leave the coils alone until at least 80k miles.

Lastly, I was previously misfiring under load at stage 2, any octane map - even with 100 octane in the tank. So now that it's running properly, stage 2+ with either 93 or 95 octane map (there's no 91) feels noticeably faster since I never even had a chance to properly go WOT on stage 2 with the stock HPFP.

I don't track/autocross/do dyno runs but the few random rolling pulls here and there with various cars while running stage 2+ on the 95 octane map were and still are more than enough to keep me satisfied.
Could it be the OTS map? Ever consider a pro tune?

I've asked one tuner thus far about a "stage 2" tune and they suggested OEM spark plugs to pair with the downpipe and that's it

Maybe the fuel pumps are different across B58s? I know there's the updated one but do all 2018 B58 share the same pump or does a 240 have a different one than a 440 for instance.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2527.00