Mr23779
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 540i M-Sport Shadowline

Garage List
2023 540i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ@AUTOcouture View Post
I think the decision to keep the car is a good one. Especially if its in that great of shape and you have a mechanic that isn't pushy and is reasonably priced. The maintenance he is suggesting is completely normal and definitely worth planning for. And like the other member mentioned above, definitely do the rear struts/shocks while you do the front.
Agreed on all points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ@AUTOcouture View Post
When my father passed it was the day before my 16th birthday where I could finally drive with him and I had looked forward to it for so long because he is what got me into motorsports to begin with, starting with go-kart racing as a young child. He left me his 1989 Pontiac Formula 350 and like a dumbass teenager I totaled the thing going too fast around an off ramp within a couple months. What I wouldn't give to have that car back today....
Damn! I'm truly sorry. Turning 16, wanting to go driving with him, wanting to have your dad with you to share the experience, and him hooking you into motorsports leaves a gaping hole that can never be filled since he left too soon. My deepest condolences to you, sir. I can't even imagine!

And that car! Yes. I remember those very well and I know what you mean about wishing you had it now. Sometimes it amazes me how some of us made it through our teenage years even though we all did crazy stuff.

My very first car was a 1985 Chevy Camaro Z28. I got it my junior year in high school, drove the snot out of it, it went with me to college, and then I had to get rid of it soon after graduating. I miss that car because my father bought it for me as a gift. To this very day, I kid you not, I still dream about it. The dang thing meant just that much to me.

It's my hope that my "car dreams" will renew soon but this time I want it to be centered around dad's 528.
Appreciate 0