Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Would not pay $90,000 or so for something that had second choices, especially color, that I did not spec out. Would cancel the order & start over next summer to get all the equipment you want.

Thing that confuses me is did the dealer really have an allocation & did you check it out? Did they show you the allocation sheet? Reason I asked is I joined the waiting list as #3 for a convertible on July,20. #2 dropped out so my allocation number came up August 16.

The allocation sheet was specked to #2's choices. We changed them to mine & it was good to go.

I signed with a $1,000 deposit on August 24 & the car is now on the port dock as of October 20 awaiting shipping to the USA. ETA for delivery November 19th.
Sorry forgot to mention I'm in South Africa…our market is much smaller than the US, and therefore not prioritized when it comes to builds.

I definitely saw the allocation sheet and have a production number. It seems that at the moment BMW are holding back on options to smaller markets to accommodate the demand for the bigger markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
Is this seriously the reality of the situation right now? You have to wait 6 months to get your car and it may not even have the options you want?
Well at least for us here in South Africa yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachinesWithSouls View Post
They certainly don't give you a discount for compromise, so while you'll be excited at first, sooner or later you'll walk out to it and say "yea but"

But, given the market for these things, and depending on the deal, take it AND keep your name on the list for a new one.

When that one comes in, throw the TR up on cars and bids, this one just sold for 88,500:

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/35J...etition-xdrive

You should at least break even on the TR. that way, you can drive it now, and get the one you really want.
Starting price for the M3x drive (before options) in South Africa is approximately $130k. My ordered vehicle is coming in at $150k. Prices for cars are exorbitant in our country and therefore the used car market on expensive vehicles is not that strong.

My current car still looks the part, but the itch is real!
Attached Images