TAZ007
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdf View Post
Yes agree about 30-34 depending on options. 25 is below what I'd expect from a private party sale.

When I first started shopping last year, I felt Edmunds had the best measure of prices for cars that were actually selling. They also seemed to be good across the different models/brands I was looking at. By March this year I felt like Edmunds estimator was not as current for the M235, like the online estimator wasn't up to date in a way that reflected the M235/M240's that were selling in my area in the most recent few weeks. Carvana and Carmax I felt were more current, and for the M235 the prices were just going up and up. In my area, even cars that had significant issues, at least to me, things like moderate accident damage or multiple accidents and no service history, were selling, and sellers were asking more than I expected and sometimes much more.
Interesting. I just received a Vroom and Carvana quotes and they were both at 25k. I mentioned that to my Dealer and they said they would match it.

But I do see my car type online for 32.5-35k so I might settle on 27 with the dealer since they have minimal inventory right now.
Appreciate 0