06-02-2021, 08:32 AM   #11
Awn
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
Phil from Fabspeed here.
Glad you are looking at our downpipe. I would be glad to help out with any questions. The "HJS cat" Is very important for two reason first quality is unmatched in the market that is one of the ways we guarantee not CEL. Second is the size of the cat. Size doesn't always matter but when it comes to longevity of a catalytic convertor and size and composition are very important. We use the biggest cat to achieve the most free flowing exhaust with a no cel guarantee.
Hi Phil, i am also a long time reader and a fabspeed sports cat decider, and a newbie to car modding.

I bought my m235i about 1.5 years back preowned and the owner was telling me that it has stage 1 tune, did not know what would that mean back then and he told me not to worry about it, just drive and have fun.

Since then, I had no issues except a battery replacement that was covered by the dealer.
2 months ago the warranty has expired, and since then i've been reading posts in this forum and decided to take a leap forward and enjoy more.

I came to know that i have MPE , but not sure what kind of tune that was performed on my car by the previous owner, and cant reach the him anymore to ask more about it neither the shop that did it.

Now i am leaning on catted DP to go along with the MPE, but my concern is, if the car had a tune before, will the DP installation have any problems with the current tune? do i have to tune again? and how can i tell what tune is on the car right now?