Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I can't decipher your specific issue unless I'm actually there to diagnose what's going on but I will say that from my own personal experience and factually from the proof I provided that if any and all error is detected within the stock audio BUS connect, the HK system and ASD goes into a "fail-safe" mode.

You will still have audio from the remaining speakers but it will never perform as it was design to operate and sounds very flat, with no bass. That's a fact.

If you are using an aftermarket system, this issue I've described might not be as prevalent, since your aftermarket system is just boosting the thin audio signal from the partly functioning unit, masking the fault.
Thats's very interesting.
I haven't noticed any degradation in bass after disconnecting mine.
Although I do have aftermarket rears and a sub, it hits plenty hard.
When you say 'personal experience', did you hear the difference right away after disconnecting just the center channel?

If this 'fail-safe' mode kicks in like it's intended to, I'm surprised that no one else that have disconnected the center noticed the reduce in bass. Or is there a lot of owners experiencing this, and I just wasn't aware of it?
I ran out of ways of convincing you of this fact, even with official, verifiable evidence of this.

So let's just agree to disagree to on the subject and move on.
Appreciate 0