View Single Post
      05-05-2021, 12:38 PM   #73
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
The only reason ASD sounds quiet when you disconnected the center speaker is because the entire system disables when it detects a shadow fault, such as a missing speaker or open circuit. ASD is actually electronically shut off and not just lessen in severity, due to the now missing center channel.

I'm not sure if you also notice; with the center speaker disabled, there is practically no bass since any speaker fault places the entire audio system into sort of a fail-safe mode, since now it can no longer operate as it was designed to, hence the so-called clarity you guys are raving about; which is just a partially functioning sound system you're actually experiencing..

Also, keep in mind, with any of the speakers disconnected, BMW service will not be able to complete any repairs that requires a software update.

Poochie,
That's some interesting information there, but I can assure you that both my ASD and bass plays just fine with the center speaker unplugged.

I ordered the Integral Audio's Soundstage DSP and because the DSP amp is tuned with the center channel, I'll be plugging it back in.

Will report back if I notice anything different.
Appreciate 0