View Single Post
      12-28-2020, 12:44 PM   #20
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kianf22 View Post
what camber plates do you recommend? I was going to drop the car with dinan springs (open to other options though)... I know they also make camber plates but not sure if their "warranty" applies to that as well. The other options as I understand are vorshlag and ground control? This car is a daily driver so I was trying to avoid camber plates because of the NVH, but if it's what I have to do to avoid having my tires corded then I will get them. Improved steering feel would also be great.

I'm also really interested in a square 245 setup with 17s! Are you currently running that?
My only experience with camber plates on my car are the ones that came with the coilovers I got from TC Kline Racing. According to forum sponsor HP Autosport in Santa Barbara, those coilovers are no longer available. I don't know if TCK sells the camber plates separately, or if they work with the stock struts.

The TCK camber plates and/or the front coilovers did add a bit of NVH, but nowhere near enough to put me off. The improved driving dynamics far outweigh the moderate amount of added noise. Another driver might feel differently, of course.

I had the installation done at TCK. We installed 2-way shocks in the rear, but they recommended 1-way struts in front, saying the NVH would be too much on the street if we put 2-ways in front, too.

My summer setup is 255 PS4S on 18" wheels; the rest of the time I'm running stock size A/S 3+, also on 18" wheels. I installed an M Performance Brake Kit, which requires 18" wheels in front.

I think the main reason to choose 17" wheels is that they're generally lighter, which will make for a car that's more responsive to your inputs. They're also a bit cheaper, as are the tires.
Appreciate 0