View Single Post
      11-05-2020, 08:51 AM   #5
p912guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Convertible

Garage List
I have been closely watching the development and introduction of the new M440 convertible as a possible replacement for my M235 vert when the time comes, mostly because the next 2 Series won't be available as a drop top. I took my car in for service a few days ago and was surprised to see several new M440 coupes in stock with their controversial grill. I had been withholding judgement until I saw it and I have to say I wasn't impressed. The front end does look better in person, but it's still not good looking to my eye. As you move around the car it looks a bit bloated and not very special, at least in a good way. I also don't care for the fact the side creases don't line up in a logical way, which creates a miss matched look to me. That said, the interior looks great and I think I would be very happy spending lots of time inside of the car. My other concern is just it's size. It's bigger than the outgoing 4 Series and a bit heavy too. I was hoping they wouldn't make it bigger and would actually have shaved some weight off it.

Of course, that was just the coupe I saw, so we'll see what the convertible looks like and how it drives before I completely rule it out, but I don't think the new M440 is on my short list anymore.
17 GMC Canyon Denali Long Bed 4x4 (Tailgatin, Haulin & Towin)
various 'one design' sailboats / stinky hockey gear
Appreciate 0