View Single Post
      04-20-2020, 09:30 PM   #1
rodybmw
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50 / 2011 335is Coupe

US to ECE (Euro) Tail light conversion on LCI F22

Hi Everyone. I'm in the market for an M240i in the US. If I end up with a model year 2017 it will obviously have the pre-LCI tail lights which I would definitely swap to the Euro Spec LCI tail lights with the amber turn indicators. I've already read the DIY thread in this forum which clearly shows how to do this conversion.

However, if I end up getting a model year 2018 or newer then it will have the LCI tail lights already, but the US version with the red turn indicators which I hate. In that case I would want to swap the US LCI tail lights with the Euro version......however, I haven't found any discussions about how to do this in these forums. Do you guys know if anybody has done this already and what's involved with the conversion from US LCI to Euro LCI tail lights? I assume the connector doesn't need to be changed to the new connector like it does for the pre-LCI F22's, but is it just plug-and-play? Is there coding required? I know on the G20 some people have installed the Euro tail lights on US cars and even though they just plug in, they don't actually work correctly without coding (and in the G20 threads that I read they hadn't figured out the coding yet).

I'd appreciate it very much if anyone can share any info on the US LCI to Euro LCI conversion.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0