View Single Post
      03-02-2020, 07:04 PM   #4
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthBech View Post
...Ended up pulling the codes with a scanner and getting the same results as previously stated. In a fit of frustration I checked and cleaned the rear right sensor and cleaned it even though there was little to no dirt or visible signs of corrosion. Reset the codes and took the car for a drive but the lights stayed ON.
Then I remembered having a similar issue with my old e46, so I stopped at a service station and tapped on the Hydraulic unit and ABS module with the back of a screwdriver. Sure enough, as I pulled away, the lights turned off!...
Did you tap in the Pump Motor, the Valve Block, or the Connector? It occurs to me that one of the codes you had earlier (which recurred I presume) was for a Faulty Connector. I presume that would be X18303 at the DSC Module, per this Installation Location and Connector View:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...x18303/RJPFfg1
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...18303/CTLgAupK

If there were corrosion/water on the pins/sockets for the RR Wheel Speed Sensor: Pin 43, Yellow/Black wire, & Pin 42, Yellow/Brown wire; and also on the pins/sockets for the Left-Front Pad Wear Sensor: Pin 5, Yellow/Violet wire; & Pin 9, Black/Violet wire; THAT would account for the codes you are seeing AND the Live Data readout showing NO signal from RR Wheel Speed Sensor. Have you checked for Wheel Speed/Direction Readout?

Basic rule for Diagnostics: If mutiple faults occur at same time and go away at same time, look for common component/ wire/ Connector that is used by all, and X18303 seems to be the common link.

So I would begin by separating that connector, examining for any sign of water or corrosion, particularly on the outer two rows of pins/sockets, and examining any seal (for damage) that is supposed to keep water OUT. I would use a heat gun to dry pins & sockets fully, clean with Electronic Contact Cleaner, apply a light coat of Petroleum Jelly or Silicone Lube to any rubber seal, reassemble, clear codes, and see what happens.

Please let us know what you find,
George
Appreciate 0