View Single Post
      02-19-2020, 07:11 PM   #3
rvt1000
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2070 M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
$500 for all the parts you need? Sure, and you can probably find some vagrant to jack it and slap those Amazon parts in for another hundred or so like you see on youtube; you can plow the savings into one of those cheap term life insurance policies, and it is a huge win-win. You do know that 'Amazon' is Taiwaneese for counterfeit, right?

At least go w/ somebody reputable who is selling quality parts (e.g. fcpeuro will do lifetime replacement; zeckhausen is a brake mecca; and mike at Extreme power house is all over these boards). I'm sure many will chime in that brakes are 'simple', just bolt ons really. But not something to mess with the learning curve on, unless you have some somebody to help who knows whats up - and if you had that you would not be posting here. I found that the guys who do local track inspections were willing to show me while doing it, which helped me realize all the things I'd have missed trying to DIY from a video.

Or find a BIMRS certified place, use good parts, and bite the bullet. 900/per does sound high, but there is a lot they will probably do besides just swap parts (fluid flush w/ ISTA?, really checking and cleaning caliper seals etc? bearings? - all a good idea if this is the first brake service). And there is a lot of damage to be done by lift-monkeys who don't know what they are doing. A CCA membership will probably pay for itself here with the 10% discount, and they'll likely know of local BMW-friendly shops in your area.

Thanks for the info. I asked about the two products above because someone mentioned one by name on another posting, which i happened to find on Amazon. The second I found via a quick search, the product is made in the USA and has a lifetime warranty and that was a sale pric. But thanks again for the other products to check.

And "amazon" isn't anything in Twaineese or Mandarin Chinese. It's origins are english.....
Appreciate 0