01-20-2020, 01:12 AM   #656
nicky dj
Chelsea Football Club
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by M135iXdriver View Post
Holy... what's up with this frustration in here?

I got an M because I wanted one... it was one of my life goals.

IMHO, BMW will of course say something different today because of marketing and sales, the "new" M line or old M Performance line is not a proper M.

Man up and deal with it.

I remember BMW called it a few years back a "fine tune by the M GmbH".

I owned an M135i xDrive - I could not afford an M1 back these days... an M3 was far far away and an M5 a wet dream... thus I took the "smallest" one with the IL6.

And I neither regretted it nor did I ever felt hate or disgust against other M owners or these who stated it is not a proper M because they were simply right!

There are just too many differences to put them in the same bag - to state something different just to feel better is simply a lie.

We have a saying... opinions are like assholes, everyone has its own - this is my opinion.
Yeah and I remember back in 2012 —and this is clear for all you E92 M3 owners myself included — that there was rumor of BMW M moving away from the sacred bespoke S65 V8 engine, that purrs like no other, towards an IL6 turbo engine. There were posts upon posts, in car meets/groups, magazines, you name it how sacrilegious and disappointing this move was. Lo and behold BMW really stuck it to everyone by unveiling the amazing S55 engine in the F80.

BMW GmbH makes bold defining moves that seems to always work out. I trust the brand. I'm questioning the facade of the G80 M3 but wouldn't be surprised if I ended up eventually liking it. I doubt true ///M owners who won't end up liking the design of the G80 M3 are going to buy it simply for the badge.
Appreciate 0