07-16-2019, 10:50 PM   #3
MetalMK
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
I prefer fronts at about 34, less mushy; you should experiment to find your taste. But the real advice is to go for a better tire, and one that isn't an RFT if you can live w/ the uncertainty. For me, the RFT Conti 5's that came stock weren't great, and ended up cupping out at about 10k. You guys in Canada already have winter snow tires mandatory, right? so no reason not to get a really nice summer set too. I loved the Conti ExtremeContacts, or you can go traditional w/ the MPSS.
Snow tires are not mandatory in Canada, especially where I live, it snows like two days per year, and melts the next day. There is no reason for me to get snow tires, so right now I'm sticking with all seasons. My car does not have a spare either, so I use run flats for safer daily driving. And I don't go into the mountains very often. Even though I do not like my tires, I am keeping them for now.

I tried 37F/39R today, maybe it's just in my head, but I feel like the turn in is better, and I can feel more bumps on the road.
Appreciate 0