View Single Post
      06-26-2019, 02:25 PM   #4
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx328 View Post
I do have INPA loaded up but I haven't used it before. This might be a good time to dip my toe into the data...I don't have any manifold gauges outside of the simple gauge that fits to the top of the recharge can. I assume that is most likely not accurate or a good idea to use for diagnostics.
If you're willing to take about 30 minutes to learn how to use INPA to read Fault Codes in ALL Modules using "Functional Jobs", please let me know, and I will provide simple instructions and screens on how to do that. That is the "First Step" to checking the "health" of your car and takes less than 5 minutes to do once you've done it. It's also a good way to make sure you have INPA properly installed, and K+DCAN cable USB port settings correct.

That probably will NOT show anything we didn't already know, and the best way to diagnose the "once-or-twice-a-month" fault if it does NOT save a fault code is to monitor Refrigerant Pressure using INPA, as well as Evaporator Temperature and Flap Positions. I can also provide info on how to do that, which you should be able to follow & perform in another 30 to 60 minutes. If your version of INPA has German techical terminology, NOT to worry as I have translated the terminology to English for the screens needed to diagnose IHKA (A/C) issues.

George
Appreciate 0