View Single Post
      05-19-2019, 11:24 AM   #8
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Windshields do not add to torsional rigidity to the chassis. Think about it, glass, even safety glass does not take well to much twisting and bending. The glass is simply held in there with a thick adhesive and some finishing covers. It's not rocket science to remove a windshield from an F22 and many on this forum have replaced many of them. I am perplexed as to why a window repair facility is making such a big deal about removing a windshield as 1) there's absolutely nothing special about an F22 and removing the windshield and 2) aren't they in the business of replacing windshields?

A window repair facility or yourself, should be able to fix most of that with a chip repair kit. They're easy and I used one on my wife's 2015 Outback with perfect results.

Lastly, the F22 is a FAR safer and better performing car than your old E90 if that helps. The M235, after all, was quicker around the Ring than the 1M in BMW's own testing (it's benchmark for the M235). So....