04-06-2019, 08:06 AM   #8
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 230iZTR View Post
What tire and size did you end up with? And how do you feel about the fitment? What is your camber and are you running any spacers? I really like the idea of a 9” wide wheel to better fit the true tread width on a 245/40 or 255/35 track tire, but I’ve found good information to be lacking so far.
255/35 RE-71's for the most part is what I use the wheels for. I have been running a 235/40 Cup2 on the front with 255 PSS's on the rear for road driving, just allows me to dial .5* of camber out for better wear. I had these tires kicking around otherwise I'd run the RE-71's as my second wheel set (not DD) and stick with my 19's on ps4s

About -2.5" on the street is the most I can get away with, without rubbing issues. I prefer the way the car feels with about -2.9* anyway, and -2.0* in the rear for almost all alignments, I don't put anough km's on the car for the added wear to be an issue anyway. I'll also be raising the average ride ride a bit this year, it should also allow me a bit more wiggle room to dial out some camber when driving the car as a daily driver.

I run a 7.5mm spacer up front to allow the tire the bit of extra clearance from the coilover spring/collar as it's pretty tight. Next option is a shorter length replacement coilover spring and I can get down to a smaller spacer but otherwise it works just fine.