View Single Post
      01-08-2019, 10:57 AM   #25
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
From my experience, I agree with you completely. I had both the DWS06 and Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 on two cars simultaneously and, allowing for the car, itself, it was very clear that the DWS06 are quieter. It is the very softness that helps create that, as well as improved slippery weather traction. However, it is also that softness that, for me, made the DWS06 feel more tilted to "luxury" than "performance", also borne out by the numbers, so I did not want it for my 2 Series...but it was fine on the Audi A6. Pick your preferences and you'll know your tire choice.
Yeah, I eventually went with Conti's exclusively because of the fact that we are in the 20-30's for 5 months of the year and it rains for 6-7 months and feel they are a good compromise of quietness, handling, cold weather capability, and price. The AS3+ are definitely better responding tires in the dry but I'm willing to sacrifice that for the quietness and cold weather handling of the Conti. I grew up in Honolulu where I ran UHP's year 'round and never had to worry about winter tires, but at least now I have a reason to burn through the AS3+ as quick as possible
Appreciate 0