View Single Post
      11-16-2018, 02:40 PM   #161
LJA2
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
I like to go fast as much as the next guy, but my thinking is that the difference is modest enough that they're just numbers.

I take my car to the track, where all the action is in the corners, and the power difference wouldn't make a material difference to me. At the strip it probably will, doing 60-130 pulls on the highway it probably will (mind you, I haven't compared Dinan's V1 & V2 dyno sheets in detail yet), and bigger numbers always sound better over a beer.

The more-torque-lower-down part sounds great for towing (), but the darn thing has so much torque already that I wouldn't be using it.

Given the issues with the V1, the fact that Dinan says it has created a tune with better driveability, and the warranty that comes with it, I think the V2 is a no-brainer. Those going for bigger numbers and/or additional features appear to have plenty of choices out there, too, and we're lucky to have so much from which to choose for this platform.
Thanks. This is my first foray into a tune or add-on of any kind to any car I’ve ever owned. I love driving the M240 and just wanted a little more oomph around town to go with the mostly cosmetic M Perf package that was on the car when I bought it (off showroom).
Appreciate 0