View Single Post
      05-09-2018, 04:31 PM   #29
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Stevemg9,

We originally did not recommend forcing/bending/heating or changing the product because we wanted to go through all the information available and give you the best advice before you went and did something to your vehicle or any of its parts.

You are correct that the part in it’s current state is able to fit on all variants of the M235i. We did not specifically design the bracket to be a happy medium between all the versions, but to be a perfect fit for earlier versions. We do not have any issues with a vast majority of M235is, though we have had fitment issues arise on rare occasions, specifically in the later models.

In these occasions, the fitment was never due to an incorrectly placed bracket, and a perfect fit was always achieved with minor troubleshooting such as loosening and retightening some additional bolts.

Your case is the most extreme we’ve seen of any fitment issue for this product. We were not trying to be dismissive or put blame on you, we have always just been trying to solve this issue the best we can based on this specific scenario and based on other scenarios we have dealt with during our 20 years in the industry. The bracket in question that is now bearing some additional stress is made of 16ga stainless steel and is designed to be flexible enough to have some bend while still maintaining its strength.

I completely understand your frustration with this entire situation. We hope we have shown with our communication throughout this experience that we do take this very seriously. We are constantly updating and adding products, and put great weight into customer feedback like yours when making those decisions.

I did not mean to minimize the issues you had to deal with while getting this installed when I said glad you got it all done – just happy that you are out of the woods and seemed to be pleased with the final product. We wish it went smoother as well and will take a look through this situation to see if there are things we can handle differently to avoid this issue in the future.

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 05-09-2018 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0