lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark715 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuQutaita View Post
Does decoding 5AP (aka anti-dazzle) work actually as expected?

For other models, I've seen people comment that the US headlights are no longer the same as the euro ones, so decoding 5AP can actually blind oncoming drivers (source). But from looking at realoem for MY15 M235i (as well as MY17 M240i), it appears that the part numbers were always different between the US and Europe.

It seems like 8S4 is safe to decode, but maybe we should be actively adivising people against decoding 5AP.
Before I ordered my 235 I was told if I ordered automatic high beams, I could have the car coded to turn on the anti dazzle feature, and about 6 weeks ago it appears (at least to me) I was able to do so using the Expert Menu in Bimmercode.

My lights seem to be doing much of what's described in the videos that BMW released describing the anti-dazzle feature, although another forum member (Almaretto) told me I may be blinding other drivers because the U.S. spec headlights don't have the microshutters that the Euro spec does.

But based on the light pattern I see and the lack of opposing drivers flashing their lights at me, that does not appear to be the case, although I don't want to imply Almaretto is incorrect as he knows far more about these lights and coding than I do.

My own guess is that my lights are doing "something like" what the European Anti-Dazzle lights do, but perhaps not as well as a car equipped with the Euro spec headlights.

Based on my experience I would encourage you to try it and let us know what you think. If you don't like the results you can always revert back to the factory setting.

I do have to say that both my GF and I feel very strongly that the changes to the headlights are terrific and unquestionably increase visibility and safety as well as dramatically increase the ability of the automatic highbeam feature.
Your car (pre-LCI) has Bi-Xenon correct?

Do yourself and the drivers who have to share the road with you a favor.

Position your car 10-20 feet from a wall. With the light switch in auto and the HBA OFF, manually push the high beam stalk forward to the on position. If you don't see the exact same pattern as the attached image, please remove the coding for GFHB.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Almaretto2374.00