K9GunSlinger
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 MG 6-Spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
^

Agree totally.

It's about appreciating the car we own and confirming its excellent performance for dollar invested.

When debating ordering an M2 vs. the M240i, I watched a YouTube video of two Brits comparing the stock M2 and the stock M240i w/ some highway racing. They pretty much traded wins during that demo. Figured w/ any kind of tune added to the M240i, it would consistently out run the M2 in a straight line comparison.

While I loved the M2 looks (every M car for that matter), that same video showed "in-car" shots of the guys riding in the M2 and I could see how harsh the ride was. Tipped the scale for my purchase of the M240i (added a Dinan Stage 1).

I still ogle and "thumbs up" every M car I encounter. Also do a double take of every BMW I see on the road too. So zero animosity from this M240i owner. I figure we are all still a part of the BMW family regardless of the car we drive.
how do you like the dinan stage 1? i think ive asked you in a different thread as well. do you have X drive or LSD? im thinking about adding it but im going with a 8.5 wheel on 235/40/18 all around square set up. was concerned with possible loss of traction and inability to put the power down to the ground properly. wont be tracking or auto X..just daily driving and canyon cruises.
Appreciate 0