View Single Post
      10-28-2016, 11:51 PM   #148
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by menncars View Post
Wow. If you've had 12 sets of plates on the same model of 2 series? On the same car? I'm designating you as No BS when it comes to camber plates guy.

Is it really that hard to have a camber plate that adds between 1 and 2 degrees of camber, utilizes the rubber boot to help prevent premature wear of the strut piston due to salt/dirt fouling, and uses an isolator to limit spring-to-perch grinding noise or vibration? I guess it is since multiple companies seem to still be looking for the secret formula and most of these companies have good reputations. Staying tuned.

Love to see a summary comparison of the plates.
If it were that easy and doesn't cost a bunch of money to do it, we would have attempted it too.

Some of the vendors mentioned above have been at this game for 20+ years and still can't get the F2x F3x F8x camber plates right. Dinan, probably the largest company out of the bunch with the most engineering staff, still failed.

That said, camber plates(TCKline and Vorshlag) on coilovers have been great and no issues to my knowledge.
Appreciate 0