10-28-2016, 08:41 PM   #146
rwalker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: the wheels off

Quote:
Originally Posted by menncars View Post
Wow. If you've had 12 sets of plates on the same model of 2 series? On the same car? I'm designating you as No BS when it comes to camber plates guy.
Some of them didn't go on the car (e.g. the 2nd and 3rd sets of GC or the 1st set of KMAC), but yep: all on the same car. I appreciate the designation .

Quote:
Is it really that hard to have a camber plate that adds between 1 and 2 degrees of camber, utilizes the rubber boot to help prevent premature wear of the strut piston due to salt/dirt fouling, and uses an isolator to limit spring-to-perch grinding noise or vibration? I guess it is since multiple companies seem to still be looking for the secret formula and most of these companies have good reputations. Staying tuned.
I don't think it should be that hard. Many of these companies are starting from scratch for this platform, though. A camber plate for this platform requires fresh thinking, and so E36, E46, E90, experience can't be leveraged. I'd also volunteer that some companies are using their reputations to foist clearly under-developed products on this community.

Quote:
Love to see a summary comparison of the plates.
I've posted a one-liner summary for each brand somewhere, maybe this thread? I've tried not to throw companies under the bus for issues with products that they're actively working on improving. I (and a few others) kinda served as development mules for the GC plates. GC was very helpful through the whole process, and I think now they have something on essentially equal footing with the best I've tried.