View Single Post
      09-13-2016, 04:09 PM   #10
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Your running 38 psi up front ? You don't pump up rear for continual high speed work a few extra pounds?

Just had dealer mount four new PSS A/S and the tech did front at 37psi, guess he did that on purpose.
37-38 all around. At 33psi, the front MPSS tires feel like they roll over too much and the front feels a bit loose. With the higher psi, the front feels quite a bit better too me through the wheel, the tires feel happier, and back seems to be more eager to rotate when I want it to. I could be making all this up in the head, but I notice an improvement plus the shoulders on my tires (7000 miles) is still in great shape.

I had 235/40R18 MPSS on my 2012 WRX and running 37-38psi all around was the sweet spot. Running 34psi or less made the sidewalls roll over too much and 37-38psi kept the tires cool enough when running the car hard. I'm seeing the same with the M235.

I do wonder if the recommended front PSI is to create a bit more understeer, which I think it does. It also makes for a softer ride compliance in the front (blah!).
Appreciate 0