Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocN55
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog26372 View Post
Don't think it would matter if you flashed back to stock settings. The ECU was opened up and the sticker seal broken so it will be an obvious sign of tampering even if flashed back.

Plus direct from Enzo Tuning website

"By applying our tamper proof label on each ECU calibration, you have the peace of mind that ensures the highest quality of performance available" Not sure if poster had Enzo tune, or if all flash tuners put some sort of sticker/seal on after they tune and open the ECU.

This sounds like they put a sticker on your ECU that can't be taken off without destroying the label, so pretty sure if BMW saw this label after taking engine apart they wouldn't cover anything.

I'd love a flash tune as it definitely appears to be the way to go for power/drivability, but stories like this guy will make me stick to piggyback until warranty is up. Maybe that's a false sense of security on my end as some say hidden tuner codes pop up with piggies, but haven't really heard of warranty claims denied if piggy is taken off and any codes cleared. Audi seems to be really aggressive with flagging cars with tunes, BMW a little less so unless things are obvious, at least for now.
After opening the ECU, the smarter thing to do would be to not use a label or anything else to close it shut. That leaves a very very clear indication that it was opened and someone tried to fix it. Whereas if you leave it open, you have grounds to say that other party were the first to open it, not you.
Once you open it it's done it's sold...nothing you can do to revert it. The oem seal is cut as I mentioned in the previous comment. Slapping tuner stickers just makes the suspicious very obvious.

Flash tuning is great and I support it but there are a lot of risks. Prepare to suffer the consequences.

Not to make the OP feel like shit and I hope he gets it resolved and covered but WTF were you thinking flashing a god damn lease car?

Slap on a jb4 like the rest...